Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh my god.

It's been months and months since I even touched this blog. It's been kinda crazy with everything that's been going on this summer and I haven't even had the time to actually get this thing off the ground (two posts is not a lot haha).

Recently I've been getting back too my roots, yeah, I mean crochet. My grandmother taught me when I was about 10 years old, and it's been like comfort food ever since. Until I started experimenting though I had resigned crochet to nasty potholders with cheap acrylic yarn (crochet uses 1/3 more yarn than knitting! AHHHHHH). However, since I was looking through some books and trying to reconnect with something another woman in my family passed down to me I decided that if I do it right, crochet doesn't have to be stiff, unforgiving, and ,worst of all, synthetic.

While my camera is on the charger, I'll just tell you a few of the things I started making while on my crochet renaissance:

- Two cowls
-Three washcloths (okay, so they're typical, but these are at least cute)
-A scarf (which is technically a WIP but I have three stitches to go to finish and a ran out of yarn).
- aaaaaaaaand fingerless gloves, but those were given away, sadly I have no pictures =[.


As for Coquette...

That thing NEEDED to be frogged. I looked at the errata and everything and decided that it would be the easiest projected to complete since the shaping is practically ziltch, however it wasn't the actual pattern that vexed me this time, it was the YARN. I need to start it again with something a little less...splity. The yarn is a gorgeous color purple, but it's being a pain in the ass as far as workability goes. Maybe I'll just get some soft cotton or wool even...I don't know. Anything but acrylic at this point.

No comments: