Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Whole grain penne and some other awesome things.

The passed few days have been really really rough. I won't elaborate because I tend not to dwell on things that make me upset but rather learn from those troubling times and move on. It's been hard though, but I've been doing things to get my mind off of the initial troubles of it, but you know it's still always there, at least for now it will be. Grieving is a gradual process.

That being said there isn't anything like cooking (besides maybe knitting something fast and gratifying) to calm your nerves and settle your mind, at least I know for me it's a good thing. I've been tapping into my inner domestic goddess over the passed couple of days, it's one of the things I want to do to try and better myself; every girl should know how to cook for herself and at LEAST one other person right?

I hung out with Nicole today and I made some asparagus (steamed of course) and some "broccoli slaw" which is basically just shredded broccoli with some awesome poppy seed dressing mixed together to give it that "slaw-ish" consistency. The main course was whole grain penne in burgundy wine marinara and it was SOOOO good haha. I love actually cooking things, even if it is just pasta. Eating healthy food and not sacrificing taste and body is really satisfying and is actually quite motivating.

In other news back to school in three two days. I am stoked for it! This semester promises to be one of the best for now. I have high hopes for myself. I'm gonna stop being so absorbed in myself and my own issues for once and just live like I should have done from the start. I think it'll be good for me.

No comments: